Enval is hiring a Process Operator
31st May 2016
Full Time Permanent
Salary £20,000 – £25,000
Enval, originally formed as a spin-out from the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Cambridge, is a privately funded company. In parallel to the technical development, operation and commercialisation of its proprietary processes, Enval provides environmental life cycle analysis and technology consultancy, with particular emphasis on the thermal recycling of complex materials.
With offices in Luton and a demonstration centre in Alconbury (near Huntingdon), Enval is a small but growing company, which requires a process operator to be part of the team in charge of operating, maintaining and improving the Enval plant. The Enval process consists of a pyrolytic process for the recycling of packaging wastes.
To assist in the day-to-day operational activities at Enval’s demonstration centre and carry out instructions issued by the Senior Process Manager and other members of staff to ensure that the plant operates in a safe and efficient manner, within all Health and Safety and Environmental Guidelines, whilst maximising production and product quality.
Principal duties and job elements
- Being part of the technical team at Enval’s Alconbury Demonstration Centre site full-time, with flexibility and availability towards working times to ensure the plant is kept operational 16 hours per day (2 shifts).
- Setting up, testing, operating, disassembling, cleaning, maintaining, and repairing equipment.
- Assisting in the determination, development and optimisation of production / operation methods and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Company procedures.
- Remaining aware, at all times, of your responsibilities, for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of your work colleagues, and report incidents as per Company procedure.
- Carrying out other tasks within your operational ability as and when required.
- To undertake all necessary training to increase and improve own skills in the workplace.
- Responsible for on site electric maintenance of equipment and motor control equipment.
- Process operational experience ideally gained with plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling/recovery industry.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of process equipment and instrumentation such as motors, pumps, flowmeters and thermocouples would be an advantage.
- Forklift qualification would be an advantage.
- Fabrication and welding skills would be highly desirable.
- Basic electronic skills would be an advantage.
- A formal qualification such as HNC (or equivalent) or above in Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline, would be a strong advantage.
- Able to identify important tasks and take responsibility for their execution.
- Well-organised and motivated individual; a ‘doer’, strongly self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile, with the interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in a fast growing business.
- Able to work within a small team where your contribution is very important.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: Friday 24th June 2016 at 5pm.